Bondage Bob Logo
girl bound to a chair on Bondage Bob

Bob in profile

💗0
Hi All

Thought I would share a little about myself but it may be in two parts as I am a slow typist

I think I have always been into bondage though when I was younger I didn't actually know what it was or why I got excited seeing a damsel tied in a film. I dont remember any defining moment of sexual awakening just always liked it. I am not sure where the blouse fetish comes from at all again I just knew I liked it and a damsel in a blouse tied up was heaven.

Though I think I have discovered where some of it might have come from, a UK program called the professionals a woman was kidnapped wearing a blouse was loosly hogtied and gagged with a knotted cloth - sounds too familiar to be a coincidence

My up bringing was quite liberal but sheltered and I never experienced those child hood tie up games that I read about so often with envy. It wasn't till I was 18 in fact that I realised what I was into with any certainty. I guess like a lot of us I thought it was just me and a little bit odd (but not something I was guilt riden about or anything) and it wasn't till I went into a sex shop (yes I didn't go into a sex shop till I was 18!) and saw a whole wall ful of bondage videos and magazines that I realised - though I was gutted that I didn't have more money on me!

It was like a sensory explosion, opening my eyes and I still have one of those first magazines. Then I discovered Harmony and realised that was the bondage I liked to see, Damsels in Distress, the expression and look in the eyes (but with no actual peril)

I have often mulled over why I like bondage and always struggle to come up with an text book answer, I am not into power or domination I dont dislike women, quite the opposiste, I just like to see Damsels in Distress bound and gagged and helpless - it might be the white night syndrome but then why do I play the man in black?

I think thats why the harmony philosophy rang so true to me

Re: Bob in profile

💗0
And to continue:
I carried on down this road quite happy in my kink and experiences with only the occasional illogiocal guilty feeling that I was somehow doing something wrong - but I found myself frustrated with what i could get from the scene, the quality bondage of such luminaries as Jon Woods, lorelei and Jay Edwards was great but wasn't always exactly what I wanted to see. I got my computer and discovered the wonderful world of the internet and all the possibilites it opened but still I hesitated as, whilst there were all these amazing models in the states I wasn't aware of any in the UK.

Then through my surfing I came upon a picture of a stunning young woman in a suit of Armour, wow I wish I could tie her up I thought! (quite a common thought it has to be said!) At some point shortly after I discovered that she was a UK model and that the site was a UK site - so there were models in the UK! I procrastinated for a while then thought bugger it and put an add up on a models forum not really expecting any replies but got 4 Angelica Vamp, Chanta Rose Rosalyn Young then modeling under the name of Lolita and the very model I had seen Jasmine Sinclair (the picture was on RestrainedElegance) I booked three of them straight away but hesisated over Rosalyn because of the name and the fact she looked so young (a hesitation I really regretted after finally working with her to discover that not only was she a great model but a really lovely person)

My first shoot was with Angelica, I had gone out and bought a camera, visited the local B&Q hardware store to get some rope and Tie Rack for some scarfs. It was a great experience she was so easy to work with totally relaxed and made me feel at ease - as you can imagine I wasn't exactly calm on my first shoot. Thank heavens for on camera flash!. I will always be grateful to Angelica for making what could have been a tricky experience into a great one

Then it was Jasmine Sinclair, you would have thought I would have been less nervous but no still crapping myself (still do now sometime with new models) but she was an absolute dream to work with, great posing looked stunning and good fun.

So I was bitten by the time the shoot with Chanta came round and what can I say about Chanta...Chanta is Chanta, there is no one quite like her she gave me some great advice was unbelievably rope tollerant and patient with my fumbling tieing. I actually shot her at her place and took the train then had to travel halfway accross London with really a heavy bag very shortly after there had been some IRA activity - I was praying I wouldn't get searched!

💗0
Sorry about the brief interval!

It was about now that I realised quite how much it was going to cost to do this and mulled over the idea of getting a site together but I had no idea how to do it. I had been visiting women tied websites for a while and though hmm I wonder and two e-mails later Bondage Bob was born. I knew I needed more content so quickly arranged 4 shoots with Jessica Taylor Luxi and Nicky and started putting my stuff out there.

It was hard going to begin with, Lance at women tied did a great job of publicising the site and as a member of the family we all benefitted from each other but it started slow, I dont actually think I made any profit that first year - trust me models aren't cheap

Its been a learning curve since then really, figuring out what works with ties and what doesn't I think I have improved greatly from those early days meeting loads of great people fantastic models and making friends along the way

Its great fun but shoots can be hard work to it can depend a great deal on the model but working as a rigger lighter photographer and at times protagonist takes it out of you sometimes - but in a good way. I have had so many members asking to come on shoots but I always tell them that its not like what you may imagine. Dont get me wrong I am not moaning I love it, like all things it has its highs and lows but the highs far outweigh the lows - I have tied up Darla Crane and Stacy Burke for gods sake! (plus a plethora of brilliant and beautiful and equally notable UK and american models)

The thing I always remember and would encourage anyone thinking of pursuing this route is that models are people not just manequins but people so respect them. I know I have some of the best members on the web so probably didn't actually have to say that

Well thats my ramble over, sorry for the random nature of it but I wrote as I thought

Cheers

Bob

💗0
<< ... and two e-mails later Bondage Bob was born ... >>

Very interesting read, makes a lot of sense to me! Pls can you tell us a bit more about how you set up the site, as I've nearly got a model booked!!!!

Thks,
I

💗0
Hi

Thanks for the feed back I wasn't sure if anyone would read my ramblings but its nice to know someone did

Re the site I actually rely on webmasters for the techy stuff as that can be a big job too. My part in it was to build up a catalogue of pictures - I wanted to be sure I had enough variation of models on the site before I started. I contacted Lance at Womentied and dicussed over a couple of e-mails what I wanted at the start that was just a token gallery as I didn't really want to be tied into a schedule of releases and wasn't really thinking of it as a business just a way to pay for the shoots. We dicided on the name and Lance registered the domain - something I would strongly advise against - register your own domain. Lance is a reasonable guy but he still owns the .com domain even though we have now parted companyon good terms.

Lance constructed the front page from the first lot of pics I sent and set up the token page. I then e-mailed the gallaries to him to post. It was a simple process for my part. The tokens did so well that we decided to go for a membership site too.

Lance was really helpful through the process but a few things niggled me the main one was that I felt I didn't have control of the site, how it looked or when things were posted. I was also getting tired of the constant mailing, I had dialup and the galleries took about an hour to send (If the internet didn't shut down in the middle) So a model suggested I try her UK based webmaster.

This really suited me as it meant I would have direct contact and total control (I am a bit of a control freak) Even better he llived close. So I registered the .net domain and did a quick site redesign using adobe - just so the new WM would know what I wanted. And relaunched. The site was a work in progress to begin with with the odd tweak being made here and there probably not finished yet but I am of the opinion that what really matters are the pictures.

I finally cut the ties with Lance recently and opened a token gallery with my UK WM as it seemed to make more sense. Lance is a great guy and putme out there to begin with so I will always be grateful to him.

May have drifted off topic a bit there but basically register a domain then build your site - there are plenty of tools out there which make it easy. Webmasters are great you have to pay them a chunk but they take all the leg work out of the site leaving you to concentrate on shoots and processing. But if you have the confidence and knowledge to do it all by yourself your returns will be dramatically increased.

So tell me who are you trying to book, anyone I am likely to know?

Cheers

Bob

💗0
Cheers for the insight Bob, good to know a little bit about yourself and the inspiration behind your sight. Still one of my favourite sites, keep up the high standard!

💗0
Thanks

Bob

💗0
I'm in touch with Lea H, who's been on restr-ele I think & with a girl called Nat J, who I don't think has been on these sites before, but did do some basic modelling for me once before - that was the first use of the camera.

Using a Nikon D50, bit basic but pics are ok. Need to get a couple of decent lights though, rather than just the flash unit (basic directional flash unit from jessops, just before last shoot!)

So, very new to it & very much an amateur, but will see what happens. What type of model release & other info do you get for each shoot?

Cheers,
Ian

💗0
Hi

I dont think you really need anything flashy when you start just the enthusiasm.

I always get a photo ID with age etc on it - a passport is ideal and the model release is basically signed confirmation of the models age, and gives you the rights to publish the pictures (in any foms and media) - I also include a passage along the lines that the model was not forced into any situation or possition against her will - with bondage work I think thats quite important

Good luck with the arrangements

Cheers

Bob

💗0
Thanks for sharing your story Bob - your site has always been my favorite because:

1) Bare legs/pumps - that's my thing. I love the site of a beautiful woman in bare legs/pumps who isn't going anywhere. Your site offers a good number of such galleries.

2) Plain old rope and gags - I like the look of plain 'ol rope. None of this matching colored fru-fru crap. Plain rope, in any realistic color (basically any color that's not designer dyed) just looks more realistic, and brings out the spontaneous passion of a bondage setting. Matching colored froggy green ropes, tied perfectly straight, just gives the whole scene a sterile, contrived look. I like the fact that your site primarily stays with good 'ol fashioned rope.

3) Masked intruders - adds a really nice element of danger to the scenes.

4) Ropes that aren't always perfectly straight - this ain't the boy scouts, nobody gets a merit badge for tying up a girl whilst keeping every rope in a perfect line. I like the fact that in many of your galleries the rope is bundled thickly around the femme's wrists/ankles, often with a haphazard look to it. That's the way it should be. That's what a real intruder would do - he wouldn't be concerned with each revolution of rope sitting neatly next to the previous one.

5) The most gorgeous models on the damn planet - Olivia, Monica Harris, Jasmine Sinclair, Jasmine D, Lana Cox - everytime I think it can't get better you roll someone else out of that caliber!

I am a network television director and in the same way you were disappointed in early photos, I get disappointed by much of the video out there. One day if I could do it discreetly, I'd like to direct a really good bondage video with a plot-driven story line and plenty of tie-ups.

~Blackbelt

💗0
Hi Blackbelt

Thanks for that, I am really glad you like the work I produce I do try and vary the clothing and stockings bare legs to get a good mix.

I austensively use white rope for that very reason, its supposed to be damsel in distres and ot many intruders would go out to buy coloured rope.

Masked intruders are good too though I dont do as many of those as I would like - I like on camera tying but as its a solo project they are not easiest to do - fun but take that much longer

Hey I dont proport to be Jim Weathers its about getting the girl tied up for me, and if its not perfect as you say that adds to the ambiance of the set

And what can I say about the models, I have been so lucky to work with some trully stunning models - my yardstick is usually do I fancy them - The logic being others will too.

I would love to do a full length feature but dont have the skill for it nor the equipment - it would be cool to have a high quality bondage video witha good storyline - its got to be possible but the investment would probably be beyond me

Cheers

Bob
Login to reply